Follow my blog with Bloglovin Casa Bella: Inspiration from Paris (O-la,la)

Feb 19, 2010

Inspiration from Paris (O-la,la)

Why I'm so in love with Provence and Paris, I don't know quite yet. Maybe is the quaint style that looks carefree and natural. You know like when you are cool because you don't even know that you are...(once you know you are cool you are no longer cool - Do I sound like a 16-year old?)
Well...let me explain with pictures. Click on them to make them larger.
The wood floor is reminiscent to me of most homes in Buenos Aires, where I am from. It takes quite a bit of work to get them looking great, but they add so much character and richness to a room. I love the old chest and the tassel detail. That's what I mean. If I would do these things in my home they would feel I am actually trying to make them happen. Here in this Paris apartment, they look just thrown together without much thought. Let's continue:
And this Louis XV inspired furniture?
I would probably get some curtains on that gigantic window, but wouldn't it be nice to take a bath in this amazing bathroom? What a view...
So if you feel like flying to Paris for a week and need an apartment, go here and rent it. I know I will take some inspiration to redecorate my house from these pics.  I will show you what I'm doing in a few weeks. The main thing is to do what feels right to you, and you will create a style of your own. Don't force it. Put YOU in your style and your home. Do people understand what you're all about when they enter your home? If they don't and if you don't, what's missing? Whatever you do, enjoy what you have now and make little improvements as you are able. Enjoy, mon cherie friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment